Thursday, April 5, 2007

So many stores...So many aisles...So little time...So many miles....


I really tried to find pictures through google by typing in "vintage+fashion+detroit" but nothing good came up, so I found this super cheesy picure of the detroit skyline. Those fireworks are a representation of my excitement!

I'm home, in the lovely suburbs of the motor city, for a long holiday weekend with my family. And well, I'm also here for......

Sha-sha-sha-sha-sHopooppPpPpPPpPping!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished doing some research and wrote up a list of vintage store's I'm going to hit up while I'm here (Mother Fletchers, Carries Closet, Showtime Clothing, Cinderellas Attic...just to name a few),on top of my usual 3 salvation army stores that I always go to. The only thing about being in the midwest of course, is that all of the stores that I want to go to, are on opposite corners of the city (usually 30+miles drive apart from one another)... the shops aren't in one specific area,and if they are, they're *boutiques*, and I can go to to an overpriced boutique any day of the week back in new york. I'm here until Sunday. I am going to wake up at the crack of dawn on saturday, and shop till I drop...somehow, i have to spend time with my family too! But I've got crazy amounts of thrifting to do, and very little time.

Anywhoo, I am going to bring my camera along with me and will try to snap some pics of the places that I go to. My camera is on it's last legs though... the battery sucks.

My ultimate goal is to find spring clothes/shoes/jewelry/etc in various sizes to start up my ebay store(again!. So I really plan on buying a ton of shiz, that's good enough to photograph, and stick up on ebay. Sort of like what this girl has here:

CLICK HERE TO SEE AN OVERPRICED EBAY STORE. AND NO, SHE ISN'T MY MOST FAVORITIST EBAY SELLER. NO WAY I'M REVEALING THAT SOURCE. THIS HERE IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I HOPE TO HAVE ONE DAY!

pizzle, from michigan!
xoxoxox,
elli.d

No comments: