Thursday, February 8, 2007

No, 0, 0, 0,0, No


So far, here are a few lovely things about not working:

1. i can pick any washing machine i want!!! the laundromat was empty, and it it didn't take up half of my saturday
2. the sun shines in my apartment all day long. i don't think i ever realized how much sun my place gets. pozzocat is one lucky cat...he suns himself all day long.
3. the trains are empty! i can always get a seat!
4. i can watch oprah (although she doesn't have enough drama anymore...so that's what dr. phil at 3pm is for)
5. i can listen to NPR all day and not get my radio shows interrupted by phone calls, or people swinging by my desk
6. i can drink beer at 4pm!!! (don't worry, it won't become a habit!)
7. i can cook my own breakfast and lunch. No more spending money on that stuff, and I've saved a lot of money so far by not filling up my cafeteria meal plan card
8. walks during the day are much needed, and nice. i don't know when the last time i got fresh air in the middle of the day was!!!
9. I can also pick any treadmill that I want, and no lines for machines! (well, this I am only imagining, since I haven't gone to the gym as promised yet. It's just been too damn cold to phathom going somewhere, and leaving with my pores all open from sweat.)

Tomorrow, I'm going to cut out the pattern for a jumper that Violette gave me. (more on that tomorrow)
I haven't perfected sewing yet, so i am going to do a trial run on a very cheap 2 yards of fabric that I got from JoAnn's when I was at home for Xmas. The last shirt that I made turned out to be a failure, and it hurt even more because the fabric was so pretty! So I promised myself that next time, I will make a "comp" first, and then I will move on to the real thing.

Well, there is little Pozzo sunning himself. My crappycannon conked out on me, so this picture is courtesty of my laptop camera.

No comments: